Average Jane turned Domestic Diva. PR. FGCU Grad. Lover of fashion, food and art. Blogger, server, dreamer, doer.

Friday, March 22, 2013

The Perfect Party Plate

I came across this recipe pretty much by accident. It was Valentine's Day, and I wanted to surprise Scott with a simple appetizer before we decided to make dinner for each other, later that evening. I was perusing through Pinterest, as I usually do when I'm looking for inspiration, when I came across this little gem. I read over the recipe and thought that I could simplify it so basically anyone could prepare it with little ingredients, and very little effort. 

If I ever throw a dinner party, or a trendy tapas party, I'm totally breaking out this recipe! For my version of the recipe, here is what you'll need:
  • 28 Ritz crackers (I used the wheat, generic Publix brand)
  • 1 small tub of chive flavored cream cheese
  • 4 or 5 slices of cooked ham
  • 4 or 5 slices of roasted red peppers, chopped (I used Mancini's brand that come in a jar)
  • parsley
1. Lay the Ritz crackers out on a cutting board, platter, or on whatever surface you are going to present them on. 

2. Spread a dime-sized dollop of cream cheese over the unsalted side of the cracker.

3. Cut up the thin sliced, deli ham into squares, or you can just tear it into pieces like I did. (it was much easier that way, and it looked more rustic). Place ham on top of cream cheese.

4. Cut up the roasted red peppers into squares, so they fit nicely on top of the ham.

5. Sprinkle each cracker with some parsley for garnish, and Voila! There you have it.

It's really as simple as that. It was the perfect party snack, and Scott gobbled them up. I was really surprised how tasty they were for such a small bite. 

What is your favorite appetizer or tapas plate to entertain with?

No comments:

Post a Comment