Average Jane turned Domestic Diva. PR. FGCU Grad. Lover of fashion, food and art. Blogger, server, dreamer, doer.

Monday, April 1, 2013

This Chicken is all dressed up for Date Night!

I am so proud of this recipe that I am about to share with you, because I came up with it all on my own, from the depths of my memory banks. No help from Pinterest or from the Food Network. I wanted to make some thing real special for Scott, and this is what I came up with:
  • 1 pkg of chicken cutlets
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • 1 zucchini, diced 
  • 2 small yellow summer squash, diced
  • 2 cups brown rice
  • 1 cucumber diced
  • 1/4 of a red onion, minced
  • 1/2 bottle Italian dressing
  • 1/4 cup of sesame dressing
1. Marinate the chicken cutlets in Italian dressing, at least one hour before you plan to cook them. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. (My go-tos!)

2. Start cooking the rice according to the package.

3. Dice the cucumber and onion, and marinate them in sesame dressing for at least 30 minutes to an hour.

4. In a large sauce pan, on medium-high heat, saute the pepper, zucchini and squash until they are fork tender. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.

5. While you are sauteing the vegetables, put some oil in another large saucepan and heat it to medium-high heat. Cook the chicken through until there is no more pink. 

6. When the rice is done, add it to the mixed vegetables.

You can use the rice vegetable medley as a bed for the chicken. Finally, just place the cucumber onion mixture on top. It will act like a cold, refreshing salsa-like salad on top of the chicken. Scott and I were both extremely pleased with the recipe, and I will definitely add it to my date night recipes. If you need a special meal to wow the one you love, or are trying to impress, feel free to steal this one!

Do you have a special date night meal that you make for your significant other?

No comments:

Post a Comment