Average Jane turned Domestic Diva. PR. FGCU Grad. Lover of fashion, food and art. Blogger, server, dreamer, doer.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chicken Marsala: Easy to Make and Easy on Your Wallet

I haven't had a typical Thursday in quite some time, and I have been quite consumed in my internship as of late, so I haven't had the time to blog, which I sincerely apologize for. Thankfully, that all changed last Thursday. I'm still quite consumed in my internship, but I have finally made the time to update and inform you of my culinary adventures! 

Marsala wine has taken up permanent residence in Scott's fridge for quite a few months now, so the most appropriate and most logical thing to do was to make Chicken Marsala again! I know you've had a long and hard week full of school and work, and the last thing on your mind is cooking, but if you're looking for an easy, yet sophisticated meal that's easy on your wallet, this is the recipe for you! 

I must admit that the term 'recipe' is a very loose term, because I pretty much eye-balled all the ingredients, but here is a brief overview of what Scott and I did! 

Chicken Marsala
  • marsala wine
  • butter
  • flour
  • mushrooms
  • chicken breasts



Season your flour with whatever is on hand, I prefer s/p and some garlic powder; then, lightly flour each side of your chicken breast. (Scott and I actually used Bisquick because that is all he had in his pantry, and it turned out pretty darn good). In a medium sauce pan, on medium heat, sauté the chicken until it is golden brown on both sides and cooked through. When the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pan and place it aside.

Sauté the mushrooms in the residual oils until they are cooked through. Add the Marsala wine and the butter. This wine is really strong, so you'll have to reduce it down a bit. You'll probably need to add a spoonful or so of the flour to thicken your sauce. When the sauce is done, add the chicken back to the pan and serve. Voila! 

Serve the chicken over mashed potatoes, pasta or rice...seriously it's perfect over anything! Now you have a pretty romantic dinner that only took about 20 minutes. This recipe is definitely a keeper in my book!

What are some of your favorite chicken recipes? Do you have your own way of making chicken Marsala?



No comments:

Post a Comment